Sunday, March 2, 2014

"Altared" Idea Browsing

How similar were other students' ideas to each other?

There were so many ideas in each blog that I didn't know how to comprehend them all, but on occasion I did see an idea mirror another.

How similar were other students' ideas to your own?

The (few) ideas that I posted in my blog didn't seem terribly unusual or unique compared to the other students, but I think everybody's lists stood out in their own ways. I must admit that some of them were quite thought provoking...

What stood out to you?

I don't feel comfortable directly referencing specific ideas, but one involving tape and public anxiety caught my attention. I thought it was a rather interesting entry, and I wish I'd thought of it, even if it wouldn't have worked for my book (my book isn't actually a book, so much as it is a package).

 What is the purpose of looking at each others' posts?

It's good to look through the eyes of different minds for ideas; it gives you a glimpse into how some people might take the same project and go about it differently, even during the conceptual development stage. Unfortunately, my ideas only spanned about 15 lines, but I have my own way of going about things creatively, and I had a difficult time trying to come up with even the most trivial applications for my project. You might imagine my surprise when I see everybody else's fantastic ideas, ideas I would have never thought of  on my own! I'm also curious if anybody found my ideas particularly interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment